Author Topic: [Proofreader] Thestrawhat  (Read 138 times)

Anime99

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
[Proofreader] Thestrawhat
« on: October 19, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Timezone/General Location: IST(Indian Standard Time), India
Projects Interested Working on: Any project would be fine.

Why did you decide to join Decadence?
Well I don't really have any motive behind joining Decadence. I just am really interested in reading mangas and I really like them a lot. So being the part of the making of the manga sounds really cool. So i thought I would give it a go.

Tell us a bit about yourself!!
I'm not that good with introduction....
So... to start off , I'm 18 right now and soon gonna be 19.I'm studying in my first year of college in India. The course which I,m doing is Fashion Designing . I love watching anime and reading manga. Anime and manga stories are really interesting and those stories attract me to them. I'm kinda of a weird person in some way. I also get really excited when I see anime and I talk a lot about anime , to the point that it annoys my friends,lol. So anyway I've attached the proofreading test .

Thank you for taking your time to look at my test.Hope I do well

I HAVE READ THE RULES!!!

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
Re: [Proofreader] Thestrawhat
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, I can't pass you as a PR as there were several errors in the spelling & grammar parts in addition to the script part. However, I'd really encourage you to apply as a cleaner or a typesetter. We have some great trainers that can teach you all the basics and more.

Anime99

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 05:19 AM »
Thank you. Can I please know what mistakes I have made. Like can u send me the test highlighting my mistakes

Anime99

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 06:07 AM »
Also if im able to make improvements can I try for the position again

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:43 PM »
Natural English flow is an important part of a proofreader's job and not something you can completely pick up from just doing the standard training chapters here. I would recommend you watch more American shows and movies to absorb the nuances of everyday speech before you apply again. You might also benefit from reviewing grammar rules associated with run-on sentences, pronouns and verb conjugation. In the meantime though, the cleaning and typesetting positions are always open ^^

Anime99

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Ok thanks