Author Topic: PROOFREADER(AsaNe)  (Read 155 times)

AsaNe

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
PROOFREADER(AsaNe)
« on: October 31, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Hellooo~  :hi: Actually, i'm already in a scanlations group but right now they're a little busy so i don't have anything to do.

Timezone/General Location: Philippines/UTC +8:00
Projects Interested Working on: Any :) but I mostly like Colored Mangas or Manhwas
Do you have any experience? Yes.
Why did you decide to join Decadence? Because I really like manga and anime :) and I wanna help you guys~
Tell us a bit about yourself!
I'm still a student but i can manage my time well. :) i am also a Proofreader, Cleaner, Redrawer and Typesetter at my Scanlations Group. I only applied as a proofreader because I might not live up to your expectations. haha. because i might get a project at my scanlations group and I can't do both at the same time. But i will help at the other roles when I don't have anything to do :) Also, I only started 5 days ago. Haha. but I trained 5 whole days at cleaning and redrawing so yeah :D it's a good experience. I'm the typesetter for this CHINESE MANHWA right now and I'll be the cleaner and redrawer on the next chapters. :) Hope I can work with you~

I READ THE RULES  :skip:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:53 AM by AsaNe »

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
Re: PROOFREADER(AsaNe)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 10:55 AM »
Thanks for you interest, AsaNe.
Someone will look over your test in the next few days so subscribe to the thread to get mail notification.

AsaNe

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32 PM »
Okay. It's fine for me :)

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:37 AM »
Hi AsaNe,

Thanks for applying!

You did pretty well on the first two sections and almost good enough for a pass on the script section. We want to deliver high quality scripts, so I'd like to see that you understand feedback and can apply it before I fully pass you.

-The biggest thing you missed grammar-wise is subject-pronoun agreement for each line as well as over multiple lines. Of course, make sure you're correcting grammar for each line, but also see that it carries over to the next part. (ie clothes & it).
-You've gotten most of the punctuation in the guidelines down, but make sure all lines end in proper English punctuation rather than Asian punctuation. Only one tilde if you're going to use one!
-Triple check for capitalization, spelling, punctuation and verb conjugation on all scripts!
-One of the most challenging parts of proofreading is rephrasing lines into natural English. Stylistically, these characters are high school kids so I encourage you think about how modern kids talk with your word choices.
-Make sure you understand every line and it makes sense in context. If there's anything off, make a PR note asking for clarification.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please post your revised script here when you're done.