Author Topic: [JP Translator] Mizu  (Read 92 times)

mizuharamitzu

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
[JP Translator] Mizu
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:11 AM »
 :hi:

I'm Mizu! Nice to meet you!

Timezone/General Location: UCT+8/Philippines
    Projects Interested Working on: Koi to Yobu, KnH, QQ, Koi wa Tsuzuku (but if you have something else in mind for me, that's fine too)
    Do you have any experience? Yes, but only a little and not in an actual scanlation group.

Why did you decide to join Decadence?
I love your releases! You have several titles that I love. I've been interested in joining translation groups before but it just so happened that I got motivated to actually apply now.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
The first time I tried to translate Japanese scripts was when my guildies at https://www.facebook.com/boyfriend.kari/ gave me the idea of translating in-game stories. At first, we worked in groups with several translators for one project. It was fun and so I continued to work on projects for the same fandom. Now, I want to try coming out of my shell and see if I can qualify for translating actual manga. I was a manga enthusiast before becoming an otome gamer so I've always wanted to give it a shot.

P.S. I read on the website post that those with experience can share samples of their work. Can I just share links for my blog entries? Please let me know if I still need to take the test or upload them here instead.

Also, a little bit of something for you guys.
(I hope you don't mind me sharing a song):

Thank you!  :beg:

Oh, and yes! I READ THE RULES. :skip:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:40 AM by mizuharamitzu »

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
Re: [JP Translator] Mizu
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Hi Mizu,

Thanks for your interest. Since you've never had experience translating a manga series, please do the test. Unfortunately, the projects you've specified already have permanent translators (at least for the next while), but we still have a lot of other great series that need some TL love ^^

mizuharamitzu

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 09:21 PM »
Hello!

Thank you for the reply. :)

Ummm, the links I shared under the spoiler tags are actually short comics which I translated (6-7 pages each). Sorry I didn't mention that! :swt: They might be too short for consideration though (and my friends were the ones who cleaned and typeset).

But I'll check out the test again tonight after work. I'm interested in the other projects~

Angato!  :love:

mizuharamitzu

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 01:16 AM »
Hi...

Well, this is embarrassing.  :depressed:

I was really looking forward to this but my deadlines are raining down on me.  :wait-onion-head-emoticon:

I guess I'll have to withdraw my application for now. I'm really sorry!  :swt:

I hope you won't mind me applying again once I get more free time. m(_ _)m

Thank you!