Author Topic: [FR Translator, QC, PR, Editor] (Vergos)  (Read 276 times)

vergos

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
[FR Translator, QC, PR, Editor] (Vergos)
« on: April 07, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Not much to say about me. I've been reading online scans for over 10 years, I just thought it was time I give back a little.
I'm from the east coast of Canada (Yes, I'm from Montreal, Qc. No hate from other Canadians please) - Same time zone as NY

I read the rules
(for more info, I filled the personal informations form)

Link to tests and forms : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOMnDtNxkYejvWwKP3qigbhL31hfyo_p

Vergos
 :byebye:

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [FR Translator, QC, PR, Editor] (Vergos)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:45 PM »
Hi Vergos,

Welcome to Decadence! Thank you for applying.

I just peaked at your Typesetter/Cleaning test real quick and I want you to go back through them. Make sure to read the guidelines and checklist for both test. You missed quite a few things that are found in these documents. When you typeset, you should not use the same font for all speech. There should be a font list included in the test. Please take a look at any of our recent releases at the Readerfor ideas on how to properly typeset and font usage.

See if you can figure out the major issues yourself by reviewing those documents. If you need help feel free to contact me on discord or through PM.

I will take a look at your other test later this week.

Oh also, the naming should be "Decadence" not "Transcendence". I thought I had removed all of the "Transcendences" in the test but I guess not.  :X-D:

vergos

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:10 AM »
I didn't read all the documents    :swt: Sorry
For the transcendence thing, I felt lazy and didn't want to change it yet. (We talked on Facebook about handing the old tests)

I will correct my mistakes, I knew I was doing it too quickly, but I just can't wait to be king. Wait...no. Not that one. Can't wait to actually work on an ongoing project.

Obviously, I should have done things well the first time instead of rushing and butching things.  :depressed:

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to overview it so quickly. I'll make the changes as soon as I can.

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Hi Vergos,

It seems you spoke with my co-admin Kokoromi. Please download the new versions of the tests as they contain Checklist and Guideline documents that I updated a couple weeks ago.

vergos

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 05:35 PM »
Will do.

Unfortunately, my landlord didn't pay for electricity, so we no longer have any juice! Which means I just lost access to my main computer. I may not be able to work for a while. I'll keep you posted.

vergos

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Sorry for the wait. I wasn't as productive as planned this week. My bad.

I corrected the fonts for the type setting tests, as I had to. The rest is still the same (even the link).
you can communicate with me on my email (vgverog@gmail.com) or on the forum. I look forward to work on new projects!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZOMnDtNxkYejvWwKP3qigbhL31hfyo_p
 :byebye:

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Cleaning Test
- You still missed things that are in the checklist. Please re-do this and go through the checklist and make sure EVERYTHING in the checklist is checked off before you resubmit. If you have any questions on what to do, please PM or find me at our discord channel.

Typesetter Test
- Kokoromi will further review this.

- PR/QC Test
I'm going to recommend (since you're gonna go through training anyways) that you go back and re-do these tests (with the updated ones too) once you finish Cleaning and Typesetter training. I don't want you having too many things going on at once and after going through CL/TS training you'll gain a lot of knowledge of how we do things around here and it'll tremendously help, especially with QC training.

French Test
- I seemed to have misplaced my FR Test Key, so I will have to get back to you on this after some digging. Right now the only thing we have raws for in French is Switch Girl. Not sure if this would be a project you'd be interested in or not.

vergos

• Dustspeck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I do read Switch Girl, so I'd be more than happy to lend a hand. I'll re-do the check lists for those tests, then.  :depressed:

Kokoromi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 03:44 PM »
Hi Vergos, for some reason, I can't unzip the folder and get access to the typesetting test. Can you re-upload it to Google Drive or MediaFire, please?

Also, you may want to take the time to go over the guidelines for the typesetter test as well to make sure you did everything. The first thing I noticed was that you did not follow the proper naming rules for the folders and files even though it was given to you on the guidelines. Please correct this for when you re-upload the test.