Author Topic: [PR] (Sevs)  (Read 294 times)

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
[PR] (Sevs)
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Hi  :beg:

Timezone/General Location: Denmark
Projects Interested Working on: Anywhere you need help
Do you have any experience? Nope, but English is basically my second language.

I just finished the cleaner training with Roze and wanted to help out with another job!  :hi:

I read the rules.

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
Re: [PR] (Sevs)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14 AM »
Oops. And I found these missing translations.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:46 PM by Sevs »

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:56 PM »
Hi Sevs, thanks for waiting.

You did pretty well on the first two sections but your script could use a bit more work. Here are some tips if you decide to try again after some revisions:
-Triple check for capitalization, spelling, punctuation and verb conjugation on all scripts! Make sure you're not capitalizing after a comma and all your verb tenses are appropriate for the line and across consecutive lines if they're on the same topic.
-Make sure subject-verb conjugation is correct in each sentence as well as the context of multiple lines.
-One of the most challenging parts of proofreading is rephrasing lines into natural English. Stylistically, these characters are high school kids so I encourage you think about how modern (American) kids talk with your word choices.
-Make sure you understand every line and it makes sense in context. If there's anything off, keep making PR notes to ask for clarification.

Another great option after learning cleaning is typesetting! You're probably pretty comfortable with photoshop at this stage and learning how to TS is really useful~

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 03:09 AM »
Okay, I'll look it over again and resubmit later this week. I'm not that into American teen language as I'm a bigger fan of Australian English and I don't watch that many teen shows anymore. But I'll like to give it another go.

I tried one of the pages in the TS test, but I'm not sure I'm creative enough for the SFXs. I'll think about it.

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Okay I did some revision. But I'm still a bit unsure about the whole bag/clothes part. I would say that it is supposed to be in singular even though clothes are plural, since the sentence go "is it clothes?" and not "is the clothes". Maybe I'm wrong?

I hope it's better now.  :swt:

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08 PM »
Sorry for the wait, Sevs. I was on vacation XD

You're on a good tract with these corrections! Still some room for improvement with the grammar (bag/clothes part in particular) and more natural English, but I think typesetting will help you get exposure to different scripts and improve in that field. If you're still interested in continuing with PR training after typesetting, just let me know  :thumbsup:

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 12:08 PM »
Hi again. I know you already have some PR trainees but Roze encouraged me to try again. So here is my third attempt. :touched:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:59 AM by Sevs »

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 12:39 AM »
Whoohoooo! Third time's the charm  :thumbsup:

I guess you're starting to get a feel for what I like to see in a PRed script XD There's still some room for improvement with grammar, but I know you're a dedicated learner so we'll smooth those out during training ^^

Sevs

• Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:21 AM »
Yay! Finally!!  :beg:
And I know grammar is not my strong side so I'll read up on that!  :wait-onion-head-emoticon:

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:34 AM »