Author Topic: What's the last movie you saw?  (Read 315 times)

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What's the last movie you saw?
« on: November 02, 2018, 10:16 AM »
I watched How to Train Your Dragon last weekend~  :squeee:

Spectrum

• Translator
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last movie you saw?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:36 AM »
I watched Aquaman last week. Fuck[1], that was awesome! Beautiful undersea landscapes, kickass monsters (the villain rides a mosasaur!) and a main hero who is both funny and badass.

Best movie I've seen since Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

[1] Am I allowed to say "fuck" on the forum?

Ruang

• Typesetter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 02:33 PM »
@Spectrum omg I just saw Aquaman in theatres too! It was so stunning and made all my dreams come true (I love everything related to mythology, so seeing Atlantis portrayed like that made me so happy)
 :beg: :squeee:

Spectrum

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 04:50 AM »
@Spectrum omg I just saw Aquaman in theatres too! It was so stunning and made all my dreams come true (I love everything related to mythology, so seeing Atlantis portrayed like that made me so happy)
 :beg: :squeee:
Yeah, it was kickass. 8)

Hi, @Ruang ! I don't believe we have talked before. So hi! I'm the new guy. :)

Sevs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 07:29 AM »
I agree Aquaman was so beautiful! I just didn't enjoy the story that much. Some of the story I thought was a bit lacking or misplaced. But if was entertaining to watch and beautiful for sure!  :beg:

Ruang

• Typesetter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 11:41 AM »
@Spectrum Hello! Welcome to Decadence!! Super glad to have you on the team :) I noticed you brought a new project and I'm excited to read/work on it
 :skip:

@Sevs I feel the same way! The storyline was predictable and kinda linear (haha i don't really know how to describe it). I just took a greek mythology class at my university and most of the hero myths involve a male hero that is forced out of his home, on a quest to defeat a monster/ find an item at the end of the world, meets a girl who helps on his journey and can now reclaim his home. Aquaman followed the guideline perfectly
Or maybe I'm getting older and can't feel the magic anymore  :touched:

Sevs

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Exactly Ruang! Lol I remember that type of storyline as well xD Classic!

I just watched Ghostbusters yesterday, now that is a classic. I love the humor in this movie. "Are you the gatekeeper? Cause I'm the keymaster."

Spectrum

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 04:36 AM »
I saw the two-part Kara no Kyoukai (Beyond the Boundary) anime movies this week. They were nice. I wish we'd seen more clear progression between the two main characters at the end, but still a nice ending. I give them 7/10.

The best part is undoubtedly the girl, Kuriyama Mirai. She is just so adorable! Makes you want to protecc the shit out of her. :D

Spectrum

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Wife and I watched Godzilla: The Planet Eater recently (the final installment of the 2018-2019 Godzilla anime trilogy). It was solid. I liked it. I especially enjoyed the original re-envisioning of Godzilla's nemesis, Ghidorah.

My greatest gripe with the movie is that they ruined the climax of the battle scene between Godzilla and Ghidorah by playing some really sappy, sad music over it. That was an anticlimax of monstrous proportions.

Still, good movie. Worth watching.

chiisai-hime

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
    • Chiiamon Translations
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 07:53 PM »
I saw the new Dragonball movie last month and it was meh... action-packed and pretty much what you'd expect in screaming and plot XD Ending wasn't bad though.

Best movie I saw in 2018 was the Natsume Yuujinchou movie hands down (I watched it twice cuz it was so great)! If nobody subs it when it comes out on disc, we should seriously consider  :squeee:

Spectrum

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 01:33 PM »
I watched Ready Player One yesterday. It was reasonably entertaining but incredibly dumb. Good-looking visuals, though. The best part was Mecha-Godzilla.

I like the actors. Just a shame that the story is so dumb.