Author Topic: [Proofreader]vcrcrt  (Read 207 times)

vcrcrt

• Trainee
    • View Profile
[Proofreader]vcrcrt
« on: March 12, 2019, 03:46 AM »
Hey all,

I'm 23 and  live in US West with a timezone of PST or UTC -8:00.

The main projects I'm interested in are in this order: #1. Shizuko is My Bride #2. Mitsuyokon #3. Queen's Quality #4. Joou no Hana.

I have proofread and quality checked three chapters with another scanlation group. However, the other group is no longer active. As a student, my availability will fluctuate with my schoolwork. For the most part, I expect to be able to keep up with biweekly releases, assuming I start within 48 hours of receiving the script and other team members respond to my work within 48 hours.

I'm applying to Decadence because Decadence is one of the few scanlation groups recruiting proofreaders and because I am personally interested in assisting the releases of the manga I am interested in.

Lastly, as formerly mentioned, I am a student, with my major being English. I'll read and watch almost anything, so long as there is romance, romance bait, or comedy in it.

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Proofreader]vcrcrt
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:55 AM »
Hi vcrcrt! Thank you for applying and welcome to Decadence!!!

Shizuko and Mitsuyokon both need help in the proofreading department! The other two now have proofreaders working on them permanently.

Our proofreader trainer will review your test shortly but I took a quick glance and it looks very good! You may want to comb through it one more time while you wait to check for just a few things:
- Couple misspellings (double check the guidelines for one that tends to allude people!!! The word starts with an "a" ;))
- Missing a couple "joining" words that should be taken out or added in. "The, to, of, etc) - It's a good idea to read the line out loud to yourself as you can tend to catch some of those small mistakes that our brain will often correct on it's own!
- Review the guidelines for using an ellipse to pause and when to use a dash (-) for stuttering.
- they're also talking about a "specific" up-coming concert so saying "the concert" would be correct

vcrcrt

• Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 12:01 AM »
Hi Roze,

Apologies for the delayed reply, have been occupied with some responsibilities.

I tried incorporating the feedback to the best of my ability, and addressed most of the relevant areas, but was struggling with the "joining" words.

It's good to hear that my first choices can work out.

Last but not least, wanted to inform Decadence that I'm currently applying to other proofreading positions because I've adopted a job interview approach: I don't expect to be offered a position at all the scanlation groups I'm applying to, but if I do end up receiving multiple offers, I will most likely choose only one. I'm going to decide based on what's best for me, and wanted Decadence to be aware of this.

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Thanks for the resubmission! Definitely better but still missed a couple small things which are easy to overlook.

I'm more then certain you will pass the test and move into the next stage of training. Our proofreader trainer would write detailed notes for your test for you to review and improve upon for your first chapter.

However, if you're not interested in committing with us I don't want to use up our proofreader's time if you will turn the position down.

If you choose to accept and go through training, then she will be happy to write detailed notes and then you will start on a trial chapter. You would be given 3 trial chapters where the trainer will review your scripts and guide you through and give you tips/pointers to improve your skills and to also help you understand the flow of work. Once you pass those chapters, you would be made full proofreader and be given free reign to work on whatever you like without assistance.

If you would like to get a better feel of our group dynamic before accepting or continuing with training, please check out our discord channel! We are fairly active and chat with each other. You can find the link at the top of forum under the Chatango Box.

learenn

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:21 PM »
Hi vcrcrt! I'm the PR trainer and I'm pleased to say that you passed the test.

Let us know whether or not you decide to join Decadence, and we'll go from there.

vcrcrt

• Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 01:43 AM »
Hi learenn.

Apologies for the delay, but I've made my decision. I'd like to work with Decadence. I'm looking forward to my training.

Sincerely,
vcrcrt

learenn

• Proofreader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 04:17 PM »
Glad to hear it! We'll start your training in this thread:

http://forum.decadencescans.com/index.php?topic=801.0