Author Topic: [Translator JP-EN] (Fuurin)  (Read 148 times)

Fuurin

• Trainee
    • View Profile
[Translator JP-EN] (Fuurin)
« on: August 20, 2019, 11:15 AM »
Timezone/General Location: GMT+1/Ireland

Projects interested working on:
Happy to work on anything, but particularly a fan of Romance and Historical themes.

Do you have any experience?:
I donít have any experience translating mangas per se, but have experience in documents or transcript translating as well as more general translations due to my background (explained below). I understand that manga translating can be quite different, but Iím very willing to learn!

Why did you decide to join Decadence?:
Really like the work that you guys have done and Iíd love to be a part of that!
Iím also half-Irish and half-Japanese living in Ireland where I donít get to use my Japanese as much as I have in the past (school, etc). Iíd love an opportunity to keep using my language skills and embrace my ďother cultureĒ while getting involved in something I love: manga!

Tell is a bit about yourself:
I am a 26-year-old Psychology masters graduate. Decided I didnít want to go down that path and gave it all up to work in Japanese Izakaya here in Ireland instead (couldnít be happier!). As it primarily involves night-time work, I love being able to spend my day hours reading manga!

Thank you for considering my application!

I READ THE RULES

Roze

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: [Translator JP-EN] (Fuurin)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Hello Fuurin!

Thank you so much for applying. One of our Japanese TL trainers will review your test! If you pass your test, a trainer will guide you through 3 trial chapters and after you complete those chapters you will be set off to translate at your will! Some projects that need help that I think you may be interested in would be possibly Mitsuyokon and Joou no Hana so if you're not familiar with those, you could try checking them out to see if they peak your interest.

Also, Thank you for sharing that information about yourself! I don't think we've ever had a team member living in Ireland before so that's really cool!

In the mean time - please consider joining our discord channel. A few of the staffers are there and we chat a little bit. ;3 If you were to become full staff and pass your th The invite link is right below the cbox at the top of this page.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Sedna

• Translator
  • Gravity sucks!
    • View Profile
Re: [Translator JP-EN] (Fuurin)
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 02:25 PM »
Hello Fuurin!

Congratulations on passing!
We continue your training here:
http://forum.decadencescans.com/index.php?topic=946.0