[Proof Reader] Akai

AkaiHiya

Dustspeck
Timezone/General Location: Europe (EET)
Projects Interested Working on: I'm ready to work on any kind of project, with a preference for those that are in Japanese.
Are you okay with working on smut? Yep.
Do you have any experience? None at all in terms of proofreading as part of a scanlation team. I do have a lot of experience with translation and proofreading in general.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
I was part of a similar team a long while ago, we were translating anime into my mother tongue back then. It was really fun and challenging and I'd like to do it again. I'm studying Japanese currently and prepping for N3 exam, so working on Japanese projects would be an added bonus for me. Hopefully I can train and feel confident enough to take the Japanese translation test for your team!
I read and watch a lot in this medium, I was always grateful to the teams doing the hard work and I wanted to volunteer to give back to the community. So here I am!

Thanks!

I READ THE RULES

Attachments

`Roze`

Editor
Proofreader
Quality Checker
Trainer
French TL
Hi Akai!

Welcome to Decadence and thank you for applying. A trainer will review your test in the next couple days. Thank you for being patient!

`Roze`

Editor
Proofreader
Quality Checker
Trainer
French TL
HI again! Thank you for your patience. I've reviewed your test and decided that it's not quite passable but it's close.

I have some notes for you I want you to take into consideration. I would love to see you read through them and try apply them into your script and resubmit it.

Notes
- Write your changes "in-line" with the text instead of rewriting it at the end. If you have microsoft word, you can use "track changes" to track your changes. If not, simply marking the changes in red is okay.
- Make sure sentences end in proper punctuation. I see a lot of periods, ellipses, etc missing. I also see some instances where there should be a question mark and not a period.
- Make sure words at the beginning of sentence are properly capitalized
- Check for missspellings. There's a few you missed and a couple tricky ones.
- You've made a couple leaps in logic that changed the meaning too much. The good thing is that you marked them as wanting to check with a translator. It's a good idea to mark anything that doesn't make sense or sounds weird to do a double check.
- Make sure to check for/remember guideline things. (Ex: always ... or ...... (ellipse or double ellipse), ok -> okay !? -> ?! etc)