[Proofreader] (Athena)

Athena

Dustspeck
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Projects interested in working on: I am most interested in working on Ikemen Sengoku, I used to play the game for Ikemen Sengoku and enjoyed it, but I will work on others if needed.
Do you have experience?: No, not with proofreading manga. I did work as a professor's assistant and had to correct spelling and grammar for papers.
Why did you decide to join Decadence?: I love manga and read it often. I have seen Decadence scans on a lot of my favorite mangas, such as Ikemen Sengoku and Koiiro Devil.
Tell us a bit about yourself?: I am a straight A, dual degree major in Business and Psychology. I am a lover of anime and manga, and if I have any more time, I sculpt figures of people out of clay.
Other Scanlation Teams: I am a scripter for a Vampire Knight DS game scanlation team.

I READ THE RULES

Attachments

learenn

Typesetter
Proofreader
Trainer
Hello Athena, thank you for applying! I'll be reviewing your test some time this week.

I also want to let you know that we're about to wrap up PR on IkeSen (it's ending too soon!), so unfortunately that won't be available. But we do always have other projects, both current and new, to work on!

Athena

Dustspeck
Awesome! Thank you for letting me know! I'm sad to hear about Ikemen Sengoku, it was a wonderful manga. I'm perfectly fine working on other projects with a preference for mature themes.

learenn

Typesetter
Proofreader
Trainer
Sorry for the delay! I wanted to make sure I had time to go through your test carefully. The first two sections were great, but there are a few too many errors left in the third for a passing grade. A lot of these are just typos and PR guideline issues, though, so feel free to give it another shot. If you're interested in doing so, please keep the following in mind and post your revised file in this thread when you're done:
  • Check our PR guidelines on when to use hyphens, long dashes, ellipses, and double ellipses.
  • If a sentence is made up of two or more phrases that can be complete sentences on their own, split them up.
  • Try reading the lines out loud to make sure they sound like something you'd hear in a normal conversation.

learenn

Typesetter
Proofreader
Trainer
I can see that you made a lot of good revisions this time around, particularly in terms of making the lines sound natural. But some of the small details are still incorrect, such as typos (pages 4 and 10) and capitalization issues (page 3). With that in mind, I'm sorry to say that I can't pass you as a proofreader. If you're at all interested in the graphics side of things, we are looking for cleaners and typesetters! We're always happy to train anyone willing to learn those skills.