Yoroshiku! periwinkle checking in.

periwinkle

Butterfly
MIA
A big hello to everyone in Decadence and the fans, too!

I recently completed my training and am officially a proofreader on the team!
:hi:

Manga's been a great source of entertainment for me and a constant pick-me-up. I started out watching anime when I was a teen, but I've grown to appreciate manga a lot more over the years after entering adulthood. I'm particularly into josei and shoujo manga in the slice-of-life, romance and/or comedy genres. My favourite manga of all time is NANA, and I still hope Yazawa Ai will finish the story one day although chances are 0.00001%. I speak, read and write a bit of Japanese, but only until intermediate/N4 level because memorising kanji became a nightmare.

I look forward to working with the team to bring lots of "yummy" releases to English readers around the world!

Ruang

Peasant
MIA
Congrats and welcome!!! I'm also pretty new haha... BUT, I also really love NANA! However, I've only ever watched the anime. I'm not a big fan of too much drama so would it be worth it to pick up the manga?

Sevs

Transcendent
Admin
Proofreader
Editor
Quality Checker
Trainer
Hello and congratz too!! Finally another PR  :squeee:
I'm also fairly new so this is going to be fun with so many new ones  :skip:

Looking forward to be working with you all! xoxo

periwinkle

Butterfly
MIA
Hi, Ruang and Sevs! I look forward to working with you guys soon!

Ruang said:
BUT, I also really love NANA! However, I've only ever watched the anime. I'm not a big fan of too much drama so would it be worth it to pick up the manga?

NANA is definitely dramatic, plus the scandals and complex relationships continue to occur in the storyline beyond the anime's. I'd say it's the good kind of drama, though, the kind you can immerse yourself into, truly feel for the characters and have a few you root for depending on your preference. ^^ I'm pretty biased when it comes to NANA, that's for sure, but I've always liked the manga more than the anime (the black and white art is superb) so you have my recommendation!

`Roze`

Transcendent
Admin
French TL
Proofreader
Editor
Quality Checker
Trainer
Welcome to Decadence Periwinkle!! I'm Roze, one of the admins here.

It's so nice to see another PR recruit!! There's never any shortage of PR work around here! :D

If you ever need any help you can message me! Also if you join our discord channel (link above) we have staff only chat and a few of us are on there a chat occasionally. There's also an app you can download if you have a smart phone so it's pretty convenient.

Can't wait to work with you!